Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-3.93 UDP service fingerprinting does not show the match

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:35:46 -0800

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:19:38AM +0100, doug () hcsw org wrote:

It looks like the problem is that this function actually adds a new
port to the portlist instead of just adjusting the state of the
existing probe. This is the reason why your scan wasn't working: The
service details of the port get set before this function call and
the new port that this function overrides it with has no service
information.

I've attached a patch that I hope will deal with this properly.

Thanks, this fix looks good and I have applied it for the next version
of Nmap (which I hope to release in a week or so).

Cheers,
-F