Nmap Development mailing list archives

In regards to Nessus, etc...

From: "Aaron J. Bedra" <abedra () westervillelibrary org>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 11:19:44 -0400

Hey Everyone,

To touch lightly on Fyodor's previous comments to the community about
nessus, I would like to bring to the table the idea of starting a new
project to continue in the absence of a free nessus.

I also think that the UMIT frontend would be a great tool to incorporate
both it's intended nmap function, but also to bring in some of the
foundation from open source nessus.  This would not be an attempt to
recycle nessus code, but to create a new base development that had the
same ideas, just updated for the times.

If anyone has any interest in starting a new project please email me off
the list and we can set up a development site and I would be happy to
put up a web repository and give accounts to whoever wants to help out.

Also please remember that you do NOT have to be a programmer to help
out!!

Regards,

Aaron J. Bedra