Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: problem running nmap

From: kx <kxmail () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:51:45 -0500

Please download
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-3.95-win32.zip preview and
see if the crash still occurs.

If so, please try to reduce the number of command line options you are
using, while still recreating the crash.  This will help limit the
number of things that could possibly be generating the crash.

Once you have done that, please give the command line options you
used, and also include -v -v and -d9 on the command line to enable
verbose (twice) and debugging output level 9. There is no way to track
down the problem if no one knows what you did.

Please include all output from the windows command line (console
window). It is difficult to track down what nmap did without it.

It would be helpful if you could follow the example in this link and
download and compile the Debug Release of nmap 3.95 on Visual C++ 2005
Express, and then try generating your error with it, which might raise
failed assertions.

http://seclists.org/lists/nmap-dev/2005/Oct-Dec/0108.html

The nmap.sln in the mswin32 folder cleanly imports. Here is the source link:
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-3.95.tar.bz2

Feel free to reply to me personally, and if we identify why nmap
crashed, we can share it once we are all finished, instead of spamming
this list with your output, and our back and forth.

Cheers,
  kx