Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 3.93: This one really is perfect!

From: Michael Ray <miker () cotse com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:31:29 -0500

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:00:28 -0700, you wrote:

I hope this release lasts longer than an hour and a half!  At the rate
you guys are finding problems, Nmap 4.0 will be released whether I
like it or not in, oh, about 6 hours :).  I have removed all traces of
3.92 from the dist directory and CHANGELOG, and placed new
windows/linux binaries and tarballs of 3.93 in its place.  You guys
know the drill:

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/dist/?C=M&O=D

The changes are just the one-character fix to the "--send_ip -P0"
problem discovered by Richard Moore, and a workaround to the bogus
compiler warning reported by Richard Sammet.

Please let me know if you discover any problems.  You'll get longer to
test this release, 'cause its 4AM here and I'm going to bed!  When I
wake up, 3.93 will either go public, or you'll get a shiny new 3.94,
depending on how your testing goes.

Thanks,
Fyodor

There is a minor typo (localhsot) in osscan.cc.

#ifdef WIN32
  if (target->ifType() == devt_loopback) {
    log_write(LOG_STDOUT, "Skipping OS Scan against %s because it
doesn't work against your own machine (localhsot)\n",
target->NameIP());
    return 1;

Thanks,

Mike