Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Problem Scanning local subnet range with -P0 option for version 3.90

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 21:57:02 -0700

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 11:15:19AM -0400, Jim Carras wrote:

   I have just upgraded to the latest version of nmap for windows
(3.90).  A command that worked with 3.81 does not work with 3.90.  The
command scans the local subnet using a range of hosts and the -P0
option.  The range specification with -P0 causes a nmap failure.  A
single local host machine can be scanned with -P0, as can a range of
machines for a subnet other than the local subnet of the scanning
system.

Great find!  I have implemented a fix for the next version of Nmap.

Cheers,
-F