Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fwd: UMIT unleashed!

From: Adriano Monteiro <py.adriano () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 18:35:57 -0300

Hi Fabrice,

On 9/3/05, Fabrice MOURRON <fmourron () exaprobe com> wrote:
Le vendredi 02 septembre 2005 à 10:01 -0300, Adriano Monteiro a écrit :
Hi,
Hi,

It's time to put your fingers on your keyboard and test the new nmap
frontend: UMIT. It's developed in PyGTK and runs on Windows, Linux,
Mac OS X and other flavors of UNIX.

I just try UMIT \o/, it's working very well.
I just one little bug during the install UMIT on my Linux/Gentoo.
In fact the directory HIGWidgets is not copied in the python libraries.

Oh... As UMIT is in alpha version, the setup.py is not working very
well. So, try to run umit from the untarged dir like this: python
umit.pyw or just ./umit.pyw.
The next version of UMIT will have a better setup.py for umit proper
installation. :)

And I've got an another when I try to compare scan, here my traceback :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/umitGUI/MainWindow.py", line
652, in __load_diff_compare_cb
    self.diff_window = DiffWindow (dic)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/umitGUI/DiffCompare.py", line
454, in __init__
    self.diff_compare = DiffCompare (scans)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/umitGUI/DiffCompare.py", line
52, in __init__
    self.config = UmitConf ()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/umit_conf.py", line 27, in
__init__
    file = open (self.config_file)
IOError: [Errno 2] Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type: 'umit.conf'

Try again running inside the untarged dir as I said, and see if the
problem is still there! ;)

Very good working, thanks again.

Thank you for testing UMIT!

Excuse for my english ;-)

I have a bad english also! ;)

Bests Regards,

Fabrice MOURRON.

Cheeeeers!

Some featues inside the box:
  * Better view of hosts info
  * Visual recognition of the OSes
  * Compare results and view/save diffies in txt or html mode
  * Save results for later use
  * Construct powerful nmap commands with UMIT wizard and Profile Editor
  * etc.

The Wizard and Profile Editor are fully customizable, and their
content are set up by 3 xml files: options.xml, profile_editor.xml and
wizard.xml. So, if you miss some nmap options on UMIT, you can add it
on demand just editing these xml files as disered!
This way, new nmap features can be added into UMIT without pain!

There are some bug that I already identified on UMIT, like the cmd
window that opens on windows while the scan is running, and the scan
that doesn't finish when UMIT is closed. But, that's not enought! I
want your help to find more bugs, fix then and deliver the greatest
nmap frontend.

For those who will try UMIT on Windows, install nmap first, and put it
on the PATH.

Get it while it's hot!
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/umit

Cheeeers!

--

Adriano Monteiro Marques
http://www.gopython.com.br

"Free software is a matter of liberty not price."
"Documentation is like sex: When it is good, it is VERY good; and when
it's bad, it's still better than nothing at all."
(PYTHON powered)