Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Running NMAP as a non root user - patch

From: Pablo Fernández <newsclient () teamq info>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 07:15:41 +0200

mmmm, I don't know why... but it sounds like the whole SUID thing wasn't
such a good idea... is just a feeling, no logical explanation behind
it... but I will apply that damn patch and chmod -s `which nmap` =)

Fyodor, any idea when next nmap might get released? Or is that code in
any public CVS/SVN?

BTW, this is the first thread I get in in this list, I want to thank
Fyodor and all nmap hackers for such a *great* piece of amazing software
(and also for the new STC book, I just read Fyodor's chapter and it's
really entertaining, nice writing!).

Again, congrats, and amazing work!

Also thanks all for pointing to this (big) hole in my system.

Best regards,
Pablo Fernández