Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Operation not permitted

From: Marlon Jabbur <msjabbur () uol com br>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 12:03:10 -0300

My iptables rules are the following:

iptables -A OUTPUT -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED,INVALID -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

The first one allows me to send the nmap packets and the last allows me to
receive the answer. I donĀ“t see any risk in allowing INVALID packets on the
OUTPUT chain. I can see problems if you allow it on the INPUT chain.

jabbur