Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap does not work on my windows XP

From: Damen Choy <dchoy () itotalsearch com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:20:25 +0800

Hi,

I have my windows XP installed with SP2. I would like to run the nmap on
this machine. I have carefully followed every instruction in your nmap
website. When i issue the command nmap scanme.insecure.org, I have found
an error from the program "Note: Host seems down. If it is really
up........ "

I tried to use it to scan some internal machines within my subnet  and I
have got the same error message. So it should not be related to the
router problem. I followed the advice to use -P0 option but then the
progam just hang there.

I use it to scan 127.0.0.1
it returned with error "rawrecv_open: SIO_RCVALL failed (10022) on
device loopback0"

I have installted the latest WinPcap packet capture library *version
3.1Beta4.
*I tried to disable the XP Firewall but the results are the same.

My nmap is the latest version of 3.81 in zip format.
I have also installed the Windows Network Monitor Driver Protocol

What can I do?

Rgds

Damen

--
Damen Choy - Mobile: 90107881

I have my new book published at Amazon.com now:

http://www.itotalsearch.com/amazondotcom.html

"A Better Job Interview - Questions and Techniques" ISBN 1-4100-0065-6

It reveals the job interview secrets for job seekers and HR people

You can also purchase my book in ebook format here:

http://www.itotalsearch.com/bookpreviewpage.html