Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Why is ncacn_http commented out?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:25:17 -0800

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:40:48PM +0100, Tomás García-Merás wrote:
Just a question... Why is ncacn_http commented out from
nmap-service-probes? I see no reason for nmap not to tell that it's
"Microsoft Network Computing Architecture Connection-Oriented RPC
Protocol" even if that protocol it's used for multiple services

Because I'm hoping Nmap can detect the underlying service with more
specificity.  If Nmap matches ncacn_http, that is all it can say.
With that commented out, Nmap has a chance to match and report the
more specific service later.  I'm not sure if Nmap actually does that
now though.

Cheers,
Fyodor