Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: RPC over HTTP

From: Martin Mačok <martin.macok () underground cz>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:50:51 +0100

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 11:07:16AM -0600, Alan Jones wrote:

Ok I am confused about this.  Are you saying that RPC over HTTP is
not really being pushed and implemented?

No, I meant that while this MAPI might be a new thing, the ncacn_http
protocol itself is not so new. We surely agree on that it is being
widely deployed recently and that it might be another can of worms
waiting to be open (like my colleague said about MS RPC years before
we had troubles with RPC DCOM worms...)

Martin Mačok
ICT Security Consultant