Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap in a daemon mode

From: magnus () linuxtag org (Nils Magnus)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 03:30:01 +0100

Re,

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 10:42:47PM +0000, Marek Denis wrote:

      I have looked through nmap docs and google.com but haven't found
anything. Well, some times when I scan hosts it takes hours to
accomplish this task (for example when I use -T2 switch). I believe some
kind of daemonize mode would be very usefull. YOu just start your nmap
with some switches and it just go into daemon mode and do its work in
background...maybe this mode would be possible to include into new
releases?

What about this wrapper?

#!/bin/sh
MYOPTS="-n -sS -T2"
nmap ${MYOPTS} -oA output >/dev/null 2>&1 &

Regards,

Nils Magnus
Program-Chair LinuxTag 2005 Free Conference Program

LinuxTag 2005: Where .com meets .org - magnus () linuxtag org