Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap under Windows

From: cyber ped <cyberpedz () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 05:53:36 -0800 (PST)

hi,
   i'm using Windows XP SP2, tried everything listed in the trouble-shooting section, but no success.
   i'm using....
          - nmap version 3.75
          - winPcap version 3.1 beta 4 (i used version 3, didn't work,so i uninstalled it and installed version 3.1).

btw, nmap wasn't even able to ping the host, even when i could ping it using the ping command.... the program couldn't
access the internet in any way.

i started to get crazy so i turned off my firewall...negative.

so.....do i have to re-invent the wheel and do the drivers myself (i was planning to do that, until i found nmap   :)
      )    ?

one funny thing that keeps popping up in my mind is that...if i keep modifying windows for more flexibility....i'll end
up with a whole new OS. Imagine, an OS that needs is an OS.
      Anywayz, thanx for ur time.