Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap on Solaris 9 sparc shared library problems

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:46:01 -0700

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 04:19:43PM -0600, fabio wrote:

nietzsche% uname -snr
SunOS nietzsche 5.9
nietzsche% nmap 127.0.0.1
ld.so.1: nmap: fatal: libstdc++.so.5: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

I also had that problem at first with the Sunfreeware version of
Nmap.  It turns out that you need to install the gcc-3.3.2 instead of
gcc-3.4.2 sunfreeware package as a prerequisite, because only the
older version has libstdc++.so.5.  I'm in discussions with Steve
Christensen (who does a fabulous job with SunFreeware as a whole, and
with keeping Nmap up to date, by the way) to better clarify this or
maybe statically link some of these libraries.

Of course, an alternative is to simply compile the Nmap source code yourself.

Cheers,
Fyodor