Nmap Development mailing list archives

[patch] Re: fragment scan got broken between 3.50 and 3.75

From: Martin Mačok <martin.macok () underground cz>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:26:42 +0100

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 01:01:19PM +0100, Martin Mačok wrote:

On two of my boxes (RH7.3 and MDK9.2 Linux, both 2.4.x),
fragmentation scans works with 3.50 (I see fragmented packets
leaving the boxes) and does not work with 3.75 (the box sends
unfragmented traffic).

The attached patch should bring fragmented scans back to life. Review
and test it, please. Does it work on Windows too? I have tried it
on Linux only.

Quick test suggests that the functions are there but seems not to be
called anymore...

This code is dead (unused) since 3.7x and it seems unusable as is.
I have surrounded the code with "#if 0 ... #endif" for now because
I don't want to remove someone else's code.

P.S. Make sure you have NOT loaded ip_conntrack module when trying
fragments on Linux since it reassembles them before leaving out the
box (maybe it should be mentioned in the manpage too).

Martin Mačok
IT Security Consultant