Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: bug report ?

From: uzy () isecurelabs com
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:11:21 +0100

Christian Haderer writes:
Your nmap32 version for windows is really cool stuff, but... my machine has two network cards, when running nmap32 it tells me to define an adapter because its confused (I think that was the words it used...), something like eth0, but there is no eth0 definition of a device on windows, is there? If I give the ipconfig definition of the adapter with the -e switch, I just get a return of no such adapter found. The MAC doesn´t work either. Defining my own IP adress also doesn´t help. I thought you should know.

mfg
Haderer Christian e9725745 () student tuwien ac at

Hi,
You should try
c:\>nmap --win_list_interfaces --win_trace
C:\nmap-3.75>nmap  --win_help
Windows-specific options:
--win_list_interfaces : list all network interfaces
--win_norawsock       : disable raw socket support
--win_forcerawsock    : try raw sockets even on non-W2K systems
--win_nopcap          : disable winpcap support
--win_nt4route        : test nt4 route code
--win_noiphlpapi      : test response to lack of iphlpapi.dll
--win_trace : trace through raw IP initialization Bye