Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Sniffing nmap output

From: "Sean Warnock" <swarnock () warnocksolutions com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 08:59:18 -0800

        I don't see why not.  You would need to be on the same network
segment to do this.  You might take a look at the Idle Scan option (-sI)
instead as it is fairly sneaky and would not require a host on the same
segment in promiscuous mode.  Take a look at the write-ups posted about
Idle Scanning;
http://www.insecure.org/nmap/idlescan.html