Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap and XML Output Questions

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:35:32 -0700

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 02:28:30PM -0500, Alan Jones wrote:
How do other use the Nmap XML output on Win32??  I found that OpenOffice.org Calc could not open the XML file as
anything other then a plain text file.  MS Office 2000 could open the XML file in Excel, but Excel 2003 does not ,
not sure what M$ changed there.

How doe others use the XML output and  what applications have
successfully read the output other than your custom applications?

I am interested in this too, for the XML section of the output chapter
in my upcoming Nmap book.

Also Fyodor, can you tell us if after the discussions about WinPCap
and how the WinPcap people suggest Nmap interact with WinPcap if you
were able to made the suggested improvements?  The changes sounded
like they would make things more compatible across platforms thus
easier to maintain and provide compatibility with the new version of
WinPcap.

I made the change relating to adaptor naming.  It is in the latest
nmap-dev test releases and will be in the next official release.

Cheers,
-F