Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap Loop?

From: "Alan S. Jones" <asj () ipa net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:25:36 -0600

I am fairly new to Nmap, but have been impressed in what I have read.
However I have come up with a strange problem when testing our office
network.  I have admin rights, so I don't think it is a permissions issue.
Using Nmap 3.50 on a Windows 2000 machine with Wincap 3.01

The scan seems to be going good then of a sudden it seems to get into
repeating process of "adjust_timeout...." and "RTTVAR....."

See below for part of what captured from the screen.

I searched the NMap site, but could not find something that looked like it
applied to my case.  Is this a known issue or do I need to keep digging on
this machine?

thanks for all your help!!

Alan

Host 10.0.20.10 appears to be up ... good.

Initiating SYN Stealth Scan against 10.0.20.10 at 10:23

adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 9824000 microseconds.
Ignoring time.

adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 9824000 microseconds.
Ignoring time.

adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 9374000 microseconds.
Ignoring time.

adjust_timeout: packet supposedly had rtt of 8412000 microseconds.
Ignoring time.

Adding open port 9100/tcp

RTTVAR has grown to over 2.3 seconds, decreasing to 2.0

RTTVAR has grown to over 2.3 seconds, decreasing to 2.0

--
Alan S. Jones
asj () ipa net