Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: FW: failed pings in nmapwin

From: "Michael Klapheke" <mklapheke () visorygroup com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:08:25 -0500

Chad,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I will try to answer your questions below:

1. I am local administrator, not a domain admin.
2. As far as IPSec, I tried the following:

C:\>net stop policyagent
The IPSEC Services service is not started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521.

C:\>

I think that my VPN Clients shut that service down when they install.  My suspicion is that it's the SonicWall Global
VPN Client I have installed that's causing the problem, although I can't find a way to verify it.  From an older
machine it worked with the Cisco VPN Client.  I really need the SonicWall Client and hate to remove it (I have a lot of
profiles stored up and can't afford to have them deleted).

3. I don't have Q818043 installed.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks again!

Mike