Nmap Development mailing list archives

Another potential solution to SuSe 9 IP checksum problem

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:04:20 -0800

It appears from the message below that SuSe has fixed the kernel IP
checksum problem that was causing Nmap to fail.  Apparently upgrading
to their 2.4.21-199 kernel resolves the issue.

If upgrading kernels makes you nervous, you can alternatively still
set HAVE_IP_IP_SUM in nbase/nbase_config.h in the source tree to zero
after you run ./configure but before "make".  But this approach will
only fix the problem for Nmap and not other low-level packet tools.

-Fyodor

----- Forwarded message from "John S. Gaythorpe" <jsg () metrocast net> -----