Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: External call for nmap

From: Matt Burnett <marukka () mac com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 15:37:45 -0600

Yeah a lot of people (including me) write programs that call nmap directly.
Im not on the nmap dev team but I doubt this anyone will turn nmap into a
library, I havent checked but I just doubt it will happen. Its not that hard
to launch nmap with the apis provided on any unix/linux box, probably
wind0ze too. On MacOS X its trivial to run cli programs via the NSTask
class, if you donĀ¹t have a mac then GNUstep might provide that class. Then
most frontends just dump stdout to a text box. If you need to know specific
information then either use regular expressions to scan stdout, or read
nmap's XML log.

On 12/1/03 2:04 PM, "Laurent Estieux"