Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap 3.48 RPM includes SSL support?

From: MadHat <madhat () unspecific com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:27:04 -0500

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 07:48, Todd wrote:
Fyodor,

Since I was having problems compiling nmap 3.48 on Red Hat 9
I went ahead and installed your RPM, which claims not to be
linked to OpenSSL.

Why then is it able to determine my Apacke version as shown below?

When a port is found to be running with ssl, it reports like this:
PORT    STATE SERVICE     VERSION
443/tcp open  ssl/http    Apache httpd 2.0.40 ((Red Hat Linux))

So it says it is ssl.

The only thing I can think is that it is responding to non-ssl requests
on 443 as well.  You can test using telnet of course.

As for the trouble building, did you look at the configure patch Fyodor
sent to the list?

[root@localhost root]# nmap -p 443 -sV www.mydomain.foo

Starting nmap 3.48 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2003-10-10 09:38 EDT
Interesting ports on xx.xx.xx.x:
PORT    STATE SERVICE VERSION
443/tcp open  http    Apache httpd 2.0.40 ((Red Hat Linux))

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 10.626 seconds

--
MadHat at Unspecific.com
`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.