Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap daily portscan tool

From: "Jean-Pierre Denis" <jp () msfree ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 07:20:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Ben Whaley wrote:

I am looking for a tool that can be run out of cron to scan
a number of hosts daily, compare the results to a
"baseline", known-good scan, and save the output to a file
or email it. I have written some perl code to do this but it
isn't working quite right. I found an old article on this
list that does exactly what I want to do (
http://lists.insecure.org/lists/nmap-hackers/2001/Jul-Sep/0008.html) but
I'm looking for some alternatives. Is anyone else doing
this sort of thing?

BTW, I'm looking to scan ~70 hosts running Solaris 2.6-9, if
that makes any difference.

Simply write a small shell script with the nmap command in it.
Then run that script for cron.

--
Thanks,

Jean-Pierre Denis