Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap version capabilities description

From: rufio <ruf10 () op pl>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:44:40 +0200

Hi everyone!

I have version 3.27 and I found that nmapfe allowes to choose FTP bounce
with another TCP scan and cause nmap to complain.

But I want to discuss something more general:
I think it would be good for tools like nmapfe to have a file which
would describe capabilities of available nmap version
i.e. a file whih would say which options can(n't) be specified at the
same time
e.g. (the "can't" version)

-sS -sT -sA -sF -sM -sW -sX -b -sP
-sP -O
# and so on

So such nmap-using tool wouldn't have to change with allmost every nmap
version, it only read a new file.

As for now, for my project, I plan to write such file as XML.
Did anybody similar thing?

Regards, Rufio.