Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap and sp3 issues

From: "phaseone" <phaseone () sio midco net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:47:07 -0500

see if someone out there can explain this--i am on win2k /service pack 2. i have nmap 3.30 and winpcap latest . i can
scan all options just fine , but as soon as i get to a ipproto scan (sO)  i get NOTHING out my interface. i know it is
windows because my BSD box does it just fine. i have tried to run debug and i get nothing of interest. this is the most
interesting part though...when i had service pack 3 , this issue seemed to start. in fact , when i had sp3 ..nmap was
USELESS for anything SYN based! now after the uninstall , all is fixed except for the proto scan issue. what i am
assuming is , that service pack 3 somehow either disables or blocks outside programs that are not windows core based
from accessing RAW sock. it would have to be something related to the sp issue because , after the uninstall of  sp3 ,
my SYN scans were back ..but i still have no ippro scan ability !someone might want to look into this
----/mike.<phaseone () sio midco net>