Nmap Development mailing list archives

Windows "missing INSTMSIA.EXE / msvcp60.dll problem solution

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 01:49:07 -0700

For the benefit of anyone who has similar problems, I am passing on
the report below.  I have not validaded the URLs - use them at your
own risk.

----- Forwarded message from Anonymous <nobody () remailer privacy at> -----

Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:25:06 +0200 (CEST)
From: Anonymous <nobody () remailer privacy at>
To: fyodor () insecure org
Subject: Automating solution?

I had trouble installing Nmapwin and the following made it work:

First error: "INSTMSIA.EXE not found"
Downloaded and ran "InstMsiW.exe"

Still can't complete install and installed Windows Network Monitor Driver Protocol on a hunch.

Finished installing process, but still can't run. Said Msvcp60.dll is missing.

Msvcp60 seemed familiar (came across it on an Edonkey forum earlier), seems like a Win98 or Win9x specific problem.
Downloaded Msvcp60.dll and nmapwin worked. :)

If other Win98 or 9x users need it.

Msvcp60.dll version 6.00.8168.0 is available from www.dll-files.com and
www.trapware.com/Downloads/msvcp60.dll

Cheers,