Nmap Development mailing list archives

BSOD on Windows XP with nmapwin 1.3.1

From: Scott Uroff <scott () xypro com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:27:56 -0700

I have installed version 1.3.1 of nmapwin on a Windows xp sp1 system.  I
also installed winpcap 3.0.  I also installed the network monitor driver in
settings-control panel-network.  When I do a scan of an individual ip
address it works fine.  When I then tried a scan of #.#.#.0/24 (my entire
class c) my xp system crashed with a bsod reporting a page fault error in
npf.sys.   A properties on npf.sys says version =3.0.0.18, desc=NPF Driver -
TME extensions, comment=netgroup packet filter driver, company=Politecnico
di Torino.

Any ideas on why this happens and what I can do to resolve this problem?

Scott Uroff
XYPRO Technology
805-583-2874