Nmap Development mailing list archives

TrendMicro eManager

From: Lawrence MacIntyre <lpz () ornl gov>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 18:21:06 -0700

[ I redirected this from nmap-hackers to nmap-dev.  Darn TrendMicro!
If anyone else users their system or otherwise has pull with them, you
may want to send them a note to try to remove the Nmap URL from their
"spam" rules -Fyodor ]

Hi:

I got a message from the nmap-hackers mail server that two of the
messages from list to me had been bounced.  The bounce message informed
me that my email server decided that the messages were spam.  Since I
knew that they were legitimate, I forwarded the message to our email
group, and the reply is at the bottom of this email.

So what did you guys do to make TrendMicro decide you were all a bunch
of spammers:-)
The example message got rejected by TrendMicro eManager because it
contained the following URL, which is on its list of spamrules:

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/***nmap_download.html

(remove the *** from the above string, I put it in so the spam filter
wouldn???t kill this message)

This list comes from Trend and we have no direct control over it.  I
will send a message to Trend requesting that they take this string out
of their rule list.
--
    Lawrence MacIntyre     865.574.8696     lpz () ornl gov
               Oak Ridge National Laboratory