Nmap Development mailing list archives

Phantom Windows ports 21, 389, 1002, 1720

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:17:14 -0700

In case anyone else has noticed phantom open ports on their Windows
machines which don't show up under netstat, this Microsoft KB Article
may provide the explanation.  Rather than signifying a trojan
installed by malicious parties, the phantom port symptoms may just be
an "Internet Connection Firewall feature".  See below:

----- Forwarded message from Simone Chemelli <Simone.Chemelli () serinf it> -----