Nmap Development mailing list archives

Trouble compiling nmap 3.20 on OS X

From: Saul Good <dark3lf () mac com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:59:31 -0500

I'm really sorry to have to trouble you guys with such a noob question, but here goes: For some reason, I am having trouble compiling nmap 3.20 on OS X. During ./configure operations, it quickly quits and spits out this error:

checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin6.4
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin6.4
checking for gethostent... no
checking for gethostent in -lnsl... no
checking for setsockopt... no
checking for setsockopt in -lsocket... no
checking for nanosleep... no
checking for nanosleep in -lposix4... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

I am using 10.2.4 with a plain vanilla Dec 2002 developer package. I know the dev tools are sane as I've built many other applications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tia
-sg