Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap on sparc/linux

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:14:00 -0800

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 06:27:07PM -0800, Tom Duffy wrote:
On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 16:42, Tom Duffy wrote:

Can we just make a char* an int* and dereference it?  Only if it is 4
byte aligned.

So, the question remains: Why isn't LBL_ALIGN being set properly?  If I
set this manually, the right code block gets substituted for
EXTRACT_LONG and it works no bus error...

So, it seems "sparc" is not defined anywhere.  The following patch
works, but may not be the right solution.

Great!  It is nice to see a solution come out before I even got around
to analyzing the problem very deeply :).  For the next version of Nmap
(due out soon), I have upgraded from Libpcap 0.6.2 to 0.7.1.  That
version does NOT seem to contain your fix, so I have applied it.
Since the underlying problem is apparently in Libpcap, I would
recommend filing a bug at (
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=53067&atid=469577 ) or
sending a description of the problem and your patch to
tcpdump-workers () tcpdump org .  I have found that they are generally
quite responsive.

Cheers,
Fyodor