Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: output question/suggestion

From: William McVey <wam () cisco com>
Date: 24 Jul 2002 10:47:29 -0500

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 09:22, Fredrich P. Maney wrote:
What I would like to have (and it may be available and I'm just missing
it) is a way to get the output to list all of the information found
in the nmap-services line plus the status of the port.

Seems like a job for a text post processor, such as perl or python.  The
attached perl script demonstrates an easy way of accomplishing this
without hacking nmap's output format...

  -- William

P.S.  Technically, if we're parsing nmap output, we should be using at
least the machine-parseable output format or the XML output.  This was
just too easy to do with default output format though...