Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Multi-proc

From: Kevin³ Davis <kevin.davis () mindless com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 11:06:37 -0400

If I'm not mistaken, the reason winpcap is required is to provide raw socket
support that nmap needs.  Windows 2000 and Windows XP has built in raw
socket support.  I seem to remember being able to successfully run nmap
without winpcap installed on Windows 2000 systems.  Not sure what else your
problem could be except that maybe you have some firewall rules set up to
prohibit these applications from running properly.

Kevin³ Davis

What could possibly go wrong?

kevin.davis () mindless com