Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Exclude IP address

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:29:18 -0700

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 09:35:07AM +0800, Jet Chan wrote:

I'm impress with the rich features of NMAP especially it is very flexible
when we want to specify the target IP addresses.
However, is there a way that allow me to quickly exclude some IP addresses.

For example, I wish to scan 10.0.0.0/24 except 10.0.0.5, 10.0.0.8, and
10.0.0.11

You are in luck!  William McVey (wam () cisco com) recently created such
a patch.  You can download it from
http://www.networkexploits.com/projects/nmap/ .  If you have any
feedback on the patch, please send it to William and myself.  I am
hoping to integrate that patch at some point (not yet 'cause I'm
currently preparing for the next "stable" release).

Cheers,
Fyodor