Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: XML encoding fixes

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:33:59 -0700

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 11:22:58AM +0100, Colin Phipps wrote:

Some time ago we ran into problems using the XML output from nmap,
because validating XML parsers insist on correct encoding of special
characters in the data. The OS signatures in particular often
contain characters like &.

Patch attached which fixes the problems we ran into. We did these
some time ago

Thanks Colin.  This looks good -- I've applied it for the next version
of Nmap.

I am also pleased to see the XML output format being used :).  I still
think this is the best way for complex programs to interface with
Nmap.

Cheers,
Fyodor