Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Proposed patch for more efficient random host generation

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 00:26:29 -0700

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 02:20:12AM -0500, Jay Freeman (saurik) wrote:

I wonder if that can be considered the shortest feature freeze in the
history of the concept :-).

Well this isn't really a new feature.  Just a refinement of an
existing feature.  If you use a little creative judgement, it can
almost be considered a bugfix :).  After all, the previous
undesireable IP address exclusion list was woefully inadequate.

That being said, I plan to truly violate the feature freeze when
William McVey tells me his unique tcp/udp/proto portlist patch is
ready.  That patch is just too cool to pass up :).

Cheers,
-F