Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: nmap patch: unique list of tcp, udp and protocol ranges

From: "Preston M. Norvell" <pnorvell () MDGI com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:13:24 -0800

I was actually just digging around today trying to discern whether I
wanted to take that task on myself.  Fortunately, I checked prior to
starting.

This would be a nice feature to have in the main tree, as I'm working on
a patch to nessus that allows one to specify distinct port ranges for
TCP and UDP, thus improving the usability of the scanner in situations
where specifying all UDP ports would take an obscenely long time.
Having this ability in the main nmap tree would make it simple to get my
modifications into the nessus main tree (alterior motives have I).

Thanks much for putting this together.

--
Preston M Norvell - Sr. Network Engineer
Mercury Data Group, Inc.