Nmap Development mailing list archives

xml output - os section

From: "Eli Oyola" <e_oyola () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 01:41:01 GMT

agreed that xml is better than the old format for machine readable output. for work, i have developed a toolset for automated profiling of an attacker. these tools populate our attacker/incident database.

one of our tools is a custom nmap work-alike that performs the same stack fingerprint tests as nmap and stores the test results in the database. this allows us to look up the os in our own nmap-fingerprints-like database table. i personally would like to see nmap (as an option) output the full test results rather than the human-readable OS descriptions.