Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap-2.54b3+V-2.2

From: "Jay Freeman \(saurik\)" <saurik () saurik com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:35:50 -0500

All right, I ported nmap+V to nmap-2.54b3.  Couple extra tidbits:

nmap-2.54b3+V-2.2 compiles without warnings using g++.  As Fyoder continues
to break this, I am going to continue to fix it :-).  There are lots of
modifications to signed/unsigned declarations, triple checked all const
modifiers, got rid of an annoying variables named “try”, etc..  Changing the
“CC = “ line in the Makefile from “gcc” to “g++” is all that is required to
switch from using C to C++.  This should be useful for using C++ class
libraries such as Xerces or Xalan in the future, as the barrier to entry
would be only the willingness to switch, not the practicalities of code that
doesn’t compile.

Small possibility this might not work on Solaris or FreeBSD anymore.  Not
that I think it won’t, but I haven’t had a chance to test it yet (am going
to have some time to sit around on the Solaris machine tomorrow, might be
able to test it then).  I tested nmap-2.53 with most of the changes that are
in this patch… but that’s about all I can say.

I’m going to keep up with these updates from now on.  Instead of just
updating directly from 2.53 to 2.54b3 I went through b1 and b2, and now feel
extremely comfortable with the vender branch support in CVS (which I had
never used before).

This version, like the unannounced version 2.1, has support for pulling
times off of NTP servers (as requested by the nmap-web guy).  I also added a
few more nmap-versions rules to this release, most notably Exchange POP and
IMAP server detection.

I also added octal extended character escaping, so \040 is ‘ ‘, and used it
to detect the Ajp13 protocol.  The server throws a possibly noticeable
“Connection reset by peer” exception during data _read_ (which was strange
to me, as it doesn’t send its reply until after it gets an entire remote
packet, which nmap _is_ getting), something that didn’t happen with an
“echo -ne | nc”.  Don’t have Ajp12 detection, or the ability to test for
this on any port other than the standard 8009 (which isn’t in nmap-services,
so I added it as “ajp13”).  I also renamed “jserv” in nmap-services to
“ajp1x” (as it is Apache JServ Protocol 1.1 or 1.2, and various Servlet
engines listen on it other than JServ (and it isn’t the “module” that
listens anyway, it’s the engine, which is usually running outside of Apache’
s process)).

Small changes to URLs from before (as 2.53 was in the URL for the complete
distribution):

Patch:   ftp://ftp.saurik.com/pub/nmap/nmap+V
Source: ftp://ftp.saurik.com/pub/nmap/nmap+V.tgz

Nmap-2.53 is still available with nmap+V-2.1 at:

Source: ftp://ftp.saurik.com/pub/nmap/nmap-2.53+V.tgz

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
saurik () saurik com