nanog mailing list archives

Frontier Broadband Fiber (AS 5650) - Dropped Traffic

From: Jim Rodgers <jrodgers () telexent com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 13:06:35 -0800

Good Afternoon,

Any Frontier Comm (AS 5650) engineers on the list ?

Beginning early today sometime, we're seeing dropped traffic to some of our
business customers in the Los Angeles metro area on your broadband fiber.
The voice udp stream is leaving our data center and never making it to our
customer on your broadband fiber. It's not all of our customers, only
random ones. We've sniffed the traffic on our side and see the voice rtp
stream leave our data center but then sniffing on our customer's side the
traffic never arrives (multiple Frontier fiber customers with this issue,
not just one).

Switching the customer over to an alternate Internet connection resolves
the issue.

Also, we've chatted with a few other voice providers like us in the Los
Angeles area and they're encountering the same issue.

Looking for an engineer that can take a look. Standard first level support
has no clue.

Jim