nanog mailing list archives

Re: Leap Day

From: Michael Still <stillwaxin () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 10:37:22 -0500

Here's a link to the full article for anyone that's not a sub to NYT:
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/29/science/leap-day-easter.html?unlocked_article_code=1.ZU0.5Thd.N-PiRNtpSr2c&smid=url-share

On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 12:39 AM Jay R. Ashworth <jra () baylink com> wrote:

Late, just saw the posting on BlueSky:

In the wake of NTP inventor Dave Mills' death, probably the next ranking
topchimer is NIST's Judah Levine, and the New York Times interviewed him
about
why we have leap years, which makes sense; all the other news outlets had
make do with lower-ranking (and less well spoken) "time experts" (I'm
lookin'
at you, NPR...)

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/29/science/leap-day-easter.html

Cheers,
-- jra

--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink
jra () baylink com

--
[stillwaxin () gmail com ~]$ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory