nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network chatter generator

From: G <lists () 1337 io>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 14:17:31 +0000

Here's some tools that I've used to stress test gear over the years. You may or may not find some of them useful for your use case:

(1) T50 - be *really* careful with this one:
    - Source: https://gitlab.com/fredericopissarra/t50
(2) Yersina (can be used for DHCP stress testing)
    - Source: https://github.com/tomac/yersinia
- Useful info for DHCP-specific stress testing: https://www.amirootyet.com/post/dhcp-dos-attack-with-yersinia-in-kali/ (3) wrk - L7 endpoint load testing - I typically use an Ansible playbook to generate artificial load from multiple source systems, which also allows you to consolidate the stdout reporting from each system
    - Source: https://github.com/wg/wrk

--

-G