nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netskrt - ISP-colo CDN

From: Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 20:29:27 -0500 (CDT)

It's free.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Eric Dugas via NANOG" <nanog () nanog org>
To: "Aaron Gould" <aaron1 () gvtc com>
Cc: nanog () nanog org
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2024 4:12:38 PM
Subject: Re: Netskrt - ISP-colo CDN

That name rang a bell so I looked up my emails.

They contacted me last year, they were claiming to be "working with some of the major streaming brands, such as Amazon
Prime Video, to improve the quality of both VOD and live streaming while also reducing the load on ISP networks such as
your own.".

Based on my quick research, they have a few registered ASNs (their peeringdb page ) with a few netblocks but I get 0
traffic from them (we're a sizable eyeball network). Their origin network might still not be ready but digging a little
bit more, it seems they act as a third-party video caching solution and not as an origin CDN so in the end, they're
really just trying to sell ISPs and other types of customers their caching solutions.

Eric