nanog mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft missing public DNS TXT entry for DKIM records (msn.com)

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 4 Apr 2024 15:27:52 -0400

It appears that Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com> said:
verified and thus not denied. After, there were calls for providers to
publish their private keys on a regular basis but that went nowhere that
I've heard of.

$ host -t txt k2402._domainkey.gurus.org
k2402._domainkey.gurus.org descriptive text "v=DKIM1; h=sha256; p=MIIBIj... ;
n=Signing=20key=20at=20https://www.iecc.com/dkimkeys/k2402 ;"

 That's probably not what's going on here -- maybe they
just botched a key rollover -- but it still amusing to me that we got
non-repudiation along for the ride [*].

Well, they could have gotten equally good non-repudiation by not signing at all.

R's,
John