nanog mailing list archives

Re: TACACS+ server recommendations?

From: Warren Kumari <warren () kumari net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 08:49:00 -0700

On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 8:09 AM, Bryan Holloway <bryan () shout net> wrote:

Ah, the good old days when I could download the latest tac_plus code from
the Cisco FTP site, compile it, and off I go.

You might be thinking of the Shrubbery one —
https://www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus/

There are newer, fancier, etc ones - but this Just Works.

But I digress.

Curious if there are any operators out there that have a good
recommendation on a lightweight TACACS+ server for ~200 NEs and
access-control for 20-30 folks. Nothing too special, but some sort of
simple command-control auth would be nice.

Open-source is fine ... we've been looking at commercial options, but
they're all pretty pricey and have way more features than we need.

Thank you all in advance!

- bryan