nanog mailing list archives

Openstack modules for nx/juniper

From: Matt Harris <matt () netfire net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 17:36:23 -0500

Hey folks,
For those of you running/managing/dealing with openstack installations,
would you be so kind as to shed some light on what you're doing for
integrating Juniper and Cisco nexus devices specifically? My goals include
basic stuff like managing vxlan/vni allocation and integration, etc,
managing the ports to which compute nodes are connected, vpnaas, and maybe
some other relatively (imho) basic functionality.

The official juniper neutron plugin is from 2016 and the Cisco stuff isn't
any better. Hoping there's some newer, better option out there that I
should be working with, but if it's actually the case that folks are just
still running just fine with the older modules on modern openstack then
that's fine too. What I really want to avoid is having to hire dev
contractors to write code to deal with this.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Harris
VP OF INFRASTRUCTURE