nanog mailing list archives

Re: Zayo woes

From: Billy Earley via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 12:44:33 -0500

Navigating the Zayo maze has become my five-month odyssey, attempting to breathe life into a new wave circuit. Yet, at
every turn, the elusive Letter of Authorization (LOA) emerges as a formidable opponent, adorned with syntax problems or
entangled in the chaos of already occupied ports.

Securing new LOAs has evolved into a drawn-out saga, reminiscent of a never-ending loop that defies both reason and
resolution. Weeks are spent coaxing these documents into existence, only to find myself caught in the clutches of the
same cycle, ad infinitum.

Communication with Zayo has been challenging. Phone calls always go unanswered. Persistent radio-silence despite emails
promising regular updates. Zayo's website boldly touts "waves on demand" with a 24-hour turn-up, a tantalizing promise
that seems more mirage than reality in my current struggle.

Wish me luck as I continue my quest through the Zayo wilderness. May the waves finally align in my favour some day
soon. If anyone at Zayo is reading this - I would love to hear from you off-list.