nanog mailing list archives

Re: CUPS in a BNG?

From: Tom Mitchell <tmitchell () netelastic com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 15:24:59 -0700

OK - That makes sense.  For scaling a CP, it only about redundancy,
correct, but with the DP it's really about scaling up and out. But still, a
CP is no longer on the bus with the DP, nor on the network.  It's on the
WAN/Internet, and latencies are orders of magnitude greater.  Is anybody
doing this and are those latencies acceptable?