nanog mailing list archives

Re: FCC Chair Rosenworcel Proposes to Investigate Impact of Data Caps

From: Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 19:14:14 -0400

Also: they plan to use Starship when it's available which has 10x more
capacity. If it really is fully reusable as advertised, that is going to
really drive down the launch cost.

Starship is years away from being flight ready. The most recent test launch
from Texas was not a 'successful failure' as widely portrayed in the
media.  Reputable people who have been working in this field for decades
have pointed out tons of massive problems that are not quick fixes.